Food Pantry Volunteers
Food pantry volunteers will assist clients as they shop in our on-site food pantry.
Ages 13+ (anyone under 18 must volunteer alongside parent/guardian)
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Loading cars as they come through the drive-thru
- Directing traffic into, through, and out of the building
What else do I need to know?
- Some heavy lifting is involved - up to 30 pounds.
- This project does take place indoors in our chute area with some outdoor positions for traffic. The garage doors will be open on both ends so the chute will be warmer in the summer and colder in the winter.
- This project does take place in a fast-paced, drive-thru environment with heavy traffic so it may not be right for everyone. Some accommodations can be made. Please let us know prior to signing up if you need accommodations so we can determine if this project is a good fit for you!
- Volunteers should be comfortable standing for a 3-hour shift with minimal breaks.
- We will provide training at the beginning of the shift - no previous training or prior experience required!
Visit our volunteer hub to sign up for a shift!
If you have direct questions about volunteering, please reach out to Christina or Treva:
- For groups – Treva Burgess, firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 829-1764
- For individuals and families – Christina Basey, email@example.com or (317) 829-1766
REMEMBER: To officially sign up, you must sign up on the Gleaners Volunteer Hub by clicking this link.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: