Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:13+
Summer Fun Kits for Youth
Here is terrific idea to involve your whole network.
Provide kids fun and educational items to ensure a great summer.
Great family and team building opportunity. Get together with family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, church groups and neighbors to make a difference in the lives of children this summer. This is a self-directed opportunity for you to put your ingenuity and creativity into and watch the magic happen!
- Reach out to a community partner and inquire what they would like, what population the kits will serve and in what quantities. Ideas for community partners, retail outlets and types of kits are below
- Work with the organization to determine what items will be in the kits.
- Share your lists with your networks to collect the necessary items.
- Create Amazon Wish List or Registry or pdf of items people can buy in stores and donate in person. You can build a Google Form with the items that should go into the kit.
- Share your kit lists and get the word out to your social networks to purchase the items that the agency needs. Family, friends, work colleagues, church members and neighbors.
- Build the Kit
- Have individuals build the kits at their own pace; remember if gathering please do so in a safe way keeping all health guidelines for safety in mind.
- Deliver the kits to your selected community party.
*The following lists are meant to be ideas to get you started, feel free to pursue your favorite nonprofit agencies, retail outlets and kit ideas.
Potential Community Partners
- Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis https://bgcindy.org/
- Child Advocates https://www.childadvocates.net/
- Children’s Bureau https://www.childrensbureau.org/
- Christamore House https://www.christamorehouse.org/contact
- Community Alliance of the Far Eastside (CAFÉ) https://www.cafeindy.org/
- Concord Neighborhood Center https://www.concordindy.org/
- Early Learning Indiana https://earlylearningin.org/
- Families First https://www.familiesfirstindiana.org/
- Fathers and Families Center https://fathersandfamiliescenter.org/
- Flanner House of Indianapolis https://flannerhouse.org/
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana https://www.girlscoutsindiana.org/
- Hawthorne Community Center https://hawthornecenter.org/
- Jameson Camp https://www.jamesoncamp.org/
- John Bonder Neighborhood Centers https://jhbcc.org/
- Lutheran Child & Family Services of IN https://www.lutheranfamily.org/
- Martin Luther King Community Center https://mlkcenterindy.org/
- Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center https://www.maryrigg.org/
- Sheltering Wings of Hendricks County https://shelteringwings.org/
- Southeast Community Services https://www.southeastindy.org/
- St. Mary’s Child Center https://www.smccindy.org/
- The Villages https://www.villageskids.org/
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis https://indymca.org/
- Youth Connections of Johnson County https://www.youthconnections.org/
- Local schools and summer camps – Search for your favorite local organization on the internet and make a connection with them online or by calling or emailing them to determine their kit needs.
- Children’s Book
- Coloring Book
- School Supplies
- Jump Rope
- Paints and brushes
- Arts and Craft supplies
- Back to School items for students or teachers
- Jewelry making
- Sewing and needlepoint
- Easter Crafts
- Crafts for Christmas presents
- Dollar Days
- Dollar Tree
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
- Big Lots
- Five Below
- Your favorite retail or online store
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: