Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Victim Advocate
The Volunteer Victim Advocate reports to the Crisis Call Intervention Coordinator, and is responsible to provide supportive services including: crisis intervention, information, and appropriate case management services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault violence. This position assists both adult and child victims. The Volunteer Victim Advocate serves as an informed source of support to the victim during the immediate crisis and works closely with various community organizations and legal services to successfully support the victim and the Beacon of Hope Crisis Center programs. This position has opportunities to expand within the volunteering role.
- Answer crisis calls.
- Continued education and training on domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Maintain professionalism at all times including:
- Positive rapport with collaborative partners and express only positive feedback.
- Positive rapport with victims
- Provide victims to emergency support services, including:
- Emergency financial assistance for: food, clothing, or other items related to getting out of immediate crisis.
- Emergency and essential transportation assistance to safe shelter or essential appointments to aid in increased self-sufficiency.
- Connect victims to necessary counseling and/or other professional services, including:
- Medical/Dental advocacy – assisting in locating necessary medical/dental care for injuries related to domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Personal advocacy – including securing rights, remedies, and services from other agencies.
- Victim Compensation Assistance/Advocacy
- In the event that BOHCC cannot provide what is needed for victims, provide the appropriate referral to victims (note that we have a process we follow for recommending referral resources.).
- Pass along important information to the leadership team that falls outside the scope of direct client service.
- Assist CEO/Executive Director with public outreach events related to domestic violence, sexual assault, victim advocacy, and BOHCC services when requested.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: