Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Friendly visitors are volunteers who provide companionship and emotional support to CICOA’sclients who are homebound or very limited in their ability to get around. Friendly visitors may be the only social contact with non-professionals that CICOA homebound client’s experience. You may be asked to help with light chores around client’s home.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit client in his/her home and provide face-to-face companionship and emotional support for minimum of 1 hour per visit.
- If client requests, perform simple tasks such as helping open mail, reading to client, running simple errands, laundry, it is up to you as the volunteer as to what you accept doing.
- You will report major changes in client’s health status or living situation to CICOA Volunteer Coordinator.
- Enter a clear mutual agreement about expectations and limitations.
- Inform client as soon as possible if agreed upon schedule needs to be changes.
- Client visits 1-3 times per month
- Must be 18 years or older
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Must submit to background check
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Have available transportation
- Must be flexible, accessible and reliable
- Attend initial training meeting to receive handbook, and information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines.
- Must be willing to attend periodic training or meetings.
- CICOA volunteers do not transport clients, dispense medications, give personal care or accept payment / gifts of any kind.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: