Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Senior Medicare Patrol Volunteer
SMP Volunteers work within their communities, educating and empowering beneficiaries to take an active role in the detection and prevention of health care fraud and abuse, with a focus on the Medicare and Medicaid programs. This education will be completed through group training sessions, health fairs and one-on-one counseling.
- Partner with aging services network professionals, law enforcement and others to promote community awareness of health care errors, fraud and abuse.
- Arrange and present at group education sessions
- Attend health fairs, seminars, and conferences as an exhibitor for distribution of consumer education materials about Medicare, Medicaid and fraud, errors and abuse.
- Make appropriate referrals
- Complete all reporting requirements necessary for SMP Program
- Must be 21 years or older
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Must submit to background check
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Have available transportation
- Must be flexible, accessible and reliable
- Able to present information and material to large or small groups
- Ability to listen and provide relevant information to the public
- Attend initial training meeting to receive handbook, and information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines. This training should take roughly 2 hours.
- Must be willing to attend periodic training or get-acquainted meetings.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: