Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Be an advocate. Fight poverty.
Centuries of systemic racism, oppression, and injustice have created a world where too many people struggle to meet their basic needs. COVID-19 has worsened poverty and inequality. Now, more than 30 million low-income renters in the U.S. are at risk of losing their homes, and the number of people facing hunger around the world is expected to double to 265 million by the end of 2020.
You can make a difference right now.
Maybe you’ve been feeling the urge to do something – but you aren’t sure what. Maybe you feel overwhelmed by this political moment. Perhaps you’ve thought about being an advocate but don’t know where to start.
As a RESULTS volunteer, you can stand up for issues of poverty, be heard, and make an impact. At RESULTS, we teach you the nuts and bolts of how to do that. We support you to be an advocate.
As a RESULTS advocate, you will:
- Develop relationships with your members of Congress so that when you get in touch, they listen
- Meet face-to-face with your members of Congress and their staff
- Write persuasive opinion pieces and get published in the media
- Be part of a movement of people committed to ending the systemic and structural injustices that drive poverty
RESULTS volunteers are effective advocates for solutions to poverty.
The everyday violence and injustice of poverty, systemic racism, and inequality are rooted in public policy. What discriminatory policies have created, equitable and just policies can help change – but only when we stand up for them.
By raising our voices together across the country, RESULTS advocates are pushing Congress to make progress on both US and global poverty & inequality issues like:
- Securing safe, affordable housing for everyone in the United States
- Closing the racial wealth divide
- Making sure everyone, everywhere has access to lifesaving vaccines
- Ending childhood malnutrition
- Tackling some of the world’s biggest killers, like HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis
No advocacy experience? No problem.
RESULTS provides issue and skills training to all volunteers plus all the tools you need to confidently take action. In addition to staff training & support, new advocates will join a local group in your community with experienced advocates who are eager to support you to learn and grow.
A typical RESULTS volunteer spends 3-6 hours of their time each month taking action with RESULTS.
We’ve been doing this for 40 years, and we know that voting is only one part of creating systemic change. We must continue to hold decision makers accountable and demand that change happens.
What are you waiting for? Start influencing the policies that impact your life and the lives of millions of people around the world. Become a RESULTS advocate.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: